This Queenstown-based company has had a relatively unique journey to get to where it is today. It was originally developed to solve the founders' own problems and after its success, they've been stoked to share it with thousands of customers around NZ and see a huge difference in the performance of their businesses.
They now have a strong market leader position in New Zealand and are looking to take the product global. It’s really important to them that new people joining their team are excited about what they can bring to the table that will help to deliver a phenomenal product.
While someone based in Queenstown is the preference, this role is available remotely (within NZ) for the right candidate. There is also the option to work remotely for up to 6 months with the intention of moving to Queenstown during that time About you:
You’ve been building software for a while now and still love the cut and thrust of getting product built and into the hands of customers. You’re enjoying taking extra responsibility for running a team or a squad and delivering milestones and projects.
This is a hands-on role that will suit someone who has experience leading a team in a Tech Lead and/or Team Lead capacity.
You'll be building out 2 of the native apps that will be a major part of their long-term product strategy. You'll also be helping to migrate their existing web app from AngularJS to React so there's plenty to sink your teeth into!
When looking for solutions, you prefer simple to complex and you’re just as likely to find a proven design pattern, API, PAAS component, existing product, sample or existing piece of code as you are to start from scratch. Ideally, you’ll have some of the following experience:
- Experience developing solutions for the Cloud/SaaS environments
- You’ve worked across multiple languages and you’re happy diving into something new and getting up to speed rapidly
- Experience React/Angular
- An ability to write great code that runs quickly and robustly - the initiative to debug, fix and improve existing code
- You will have five or more years of experience and have been given the responsibility to plan and implement projects
- You'll be right at home discussing new features with the product team and leading your team to iteratively design and deliver great solutions to production.
- A major bonus if you have been at a ‘Deputy’ or a ‘Tanda’ company -
working on time clock apps or employee management apps
If this sounds like something you're keen on, apply now! For more info, please contact Ben at firstname.lastname@example.org