In 2014 our client launched a tech-based power company to disrupt Aotearoa’s outdated, self-serving industry. They were the first energy retailer to offer Kiwis a way to purchase cheaper power directly off the wholesale electricity market.
Purpose of the role
As an Engineering Manager, you will provide dedicated line management to our client's Lead Developers (people and technical leads), helping to nurture, motivate, and enable their success, while supporting the Head of Software Engineering to create a diverse, well-rounded engineering team, that has the skills, support and knowledge to deliver our clients business plan Key Responsibilities
Key Skills and Experience
- Line management of People and Squad Leads to provide them with the support and coaching required for them to effectively manage their reports to develop and grow
- Performance assessments, check-in's and documentation as per the business process with reports.
- Assisting with operational initiatives led by the Head of Software Engineering
- Fostering and formalising a culture and practice of knowledge sharing and professional development in the team
- Conducting team health checks and other processes to ensure good feedback is gathered and actioned to optimise for developer happiness, longevity, and sustainable practices within the Engineering team
- Significant experience managing technical people in a modern, agile software product development environment
- Demonstrated development of trusting relationships to support and challenge people
- Ability to influence other functions in the business to ensure great outcomes for the Engineering team.
- Experience leading efficient recruitment processes that provide meaningful insight and reduce risk when hiring developers
- Developers have the capability, skills and knowledge to deliver the business plan
- People Leads provide a consistent quality of leadership, coaching, support and challenge to their reports
- Squad Leads estimate effort accurately and deliver value by coordinating their squad using agile best practices
- Development plans are in place and actioned to ensure the growth of individuals and squads
- Recruitment results in successfully hiring developers with the capability, professional skills, diversity and culture fit to ensure successful delivery of the business plan
- Developer morale, retention and progression is high