This fast-growing start up's mission is to connect the world's parts, starting in the automotive space. They have more than tripled their team over the last 12 months and expect to double in size over the next 18 months. They have a global team spanning both Europe and Australasia.
Founded by high-caliber engineers, this company utilise bleeding-edge technology to solve challenging but exciting problems that make a huge impact in a $1.9 trillion industry.
They provide a scalable digital infrastructure solution to some of the world's largest businesses and the most exciting startups. Their solutions are integrated across hundreds of companies globally, providing the backbone for cataloguing and managing parts online.
They are continuing to build a world-class team and ensuring this is a place where people can do the best work of their lives. They are proud of the culture we've built, and their values are lived throughout every experience.
The Financial Controller will be the founding Finance hire. You will play an essential role in the execution and strategy for all internal and external financial responsibilities.
You will ensure the proper accounting treatment, processes, controls and reporting are streamlined and accurate for our growing business. The position will be hands-on as and cover a wide range of responsibilities, acting as a global resource within the company on all things finance and accounting.
You will report to the Co-Founder & Chief Operating Officer.What will you do
- Perform day-to-day accounting functions including but not limited to: accounts payable/expenses, accounts receivable, reconciliations, tax, payrolls, and month-end close for timely and accurate financial reporting
- Review revenue and grant income recognition to ensure it is accounted for according to contract and revenue recognition accounting standards
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements including profit and loss statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements and other ad hoc financial reporting to support monthly close process and analysis as needed to support the business
- Manage audits, including preparation of work papers supporting the COO with the taxation affairs of the organisation and liaise with the external accountancy firms as needed
- Implement, document and maintain effective internal controls and processes to improve the close and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting, minimising firefighting
- Assisting with overseas expansion as we scale across Australasia, Europe and North America
- Support the COO to oversee and manage the cash flow of the company and ensure it has appropriate controls to manage risks
- Oversee all financial planning, modelling and analysis, forecasting future performance and evaluating financial performance by comparing and analysing against actual results
- Analyse past results, identify trends and make recommendations for improvements, including setting up optimal structures as we scale our business
- Other special projects as required from time to time
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- 3+ years of finance experience, ideally within audit or commercial finance at a large accounting and financial services firm
- CA/CPA qualified
- Experience (or a keen, demonstrated interest) in the startup space
- Proven track record of building out, maintaining, and consistently improving effective financial processes
- Ability to work effectively and positively with people across different types of teams
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with Xero
- Superb communication skills and a positive attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Competitive base salary plus equity. Even though this company is a small startup, they offer competitive salaries and great equity.
- Parental leave and flexible return to work. After returning to work, primary carers can work 4-day weeks for 100% of their pay for the first twelve weeks. For secondary carers, they offer 10 days of leave at full pay.
- Flexible working hours and location. This company has an office-first culture, but you can work remotely or from home whenever it suits you. There are no fixed hours so you can choose to work when you’re most effective.
- A brand new architecturally designed office in Christchurch CBD. With free snacks, drinks on tap, two different coffee machines, social areas, and one of the best cafes in Christchurch 50m away.
- Cultural lunches. Monthly team lunches to eat food from another culture and celebrate our team's ethnic diversity.
- Ergonomic workspace. Sit-stand desks, ergonomic chairs, quiet spaces, and collaboration spaces to suit all kinds of working styles.
Get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org for a further chat!