This fast-growing start up's mission is to connect the world's parts, starting in the automotive space. They have more than tripled their team over the last 12 months and expect to double in size over the next 18 months. They have a global team spanning both Europe and Australasia.
Founded by high-caliber engineers, this company utilise bleeding-edge technology to solve challenging but exciting problems that make a huge impact in a $1.9 trillion industry.
They provide a scalable digital infrastructure solution to some of the world's largest businesses and the most exciting startups. Their solutions are integrated across hundreds of companies globally, providing the backbone for cataloguing and managing parts online.
They are continuing to build a world-class team and ensuring this is a place where people can do the best work of their lives. They are proud of the culture we've built, and their values are lived throughout every experience.
In this role, you will work alongside other members of the development team to tackle hard, exciting problems and build beautiful software.
You will report to a Tech Lead or the Co-founder & Head of Engineering.What will you do
- You'll be working on mission-critical systems for our core SaaS and API platform.
- You will be ensuring these features are highly scalable, fault-tolerant and accurate.
- You will be working to provide a great experience to businesses using the company platform.
- You will be helping to develop and share software best practices with the team.
- This is an opportunity to become an expert in the extremely complex and underserved auto parts domain.
- Experience developing complex applications
- Experience with TypeScript
- Firmly grounded computer science and engineering fundamentals, including data structures, concurrency, architecture, APIs, testing, and design patterns.
- Strong written and verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Strong knowledge of databases and data models, relational and NoSQL
- Experience building reliable, distributed systems
- (Bonus) Experience with automotive parts
- (Bonus) Experience with Node.js
- (Bonus) Experience with Rust
- Competitive base salary plus equity. Even though this company is a small startup, they offer competitive salaries and great equity.
- Parental leave and flexible return to work. After returning to work, primary carers can work 4-day weeks for 100% of their pay for the first twelve weeks. For secondary carers, they offer 10 days of leave at full pay.
- Flexible working hours and location. This company has an office-first culture, but you can work remotely or from home whenever it suits you. There are no fixed hours so you can choose to work when you’re most effective.
- A brand new architecturally designed office in Christchurch CBD. With free snacks, drinks on tap, two different coffee machines, social areas, and one of the best cafes in Christchurch 50m away.
- Cultural lunches. Monthly team lunches to eat food from another culture and celebrate our team's ethnic diversity.
- Ergonomic workspace. Sit-stand desks, ergonomic chairs, quiet spaces, and collaboration spaces to suit all kinds of working styles.
Get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org for a further chat!