About the company
Our client is a well-funded Healthcare Startup that develop software for hospital Emergency Departments & patients using AI to reduce the length of stay, save millions by increasing doctors’ and nurses’ productivity, and keep patients safe & happy.
We are looking for an Senior QA to join the remote-first team, in a New Zealand-friendly timezone.
About the role
- Developing and maintaining automated test frameworks, data analysis, improving data observability and anomaly detection methods. The Data Engineering team is responsible for ingesting customer-sourced data and making it available for other teams to build on.
- Integrating candidate models from the Data Science Team into a production platform where their inferences contribute to our customer-facing products.
- Data stack uses managed AWS services including S3, Redshift and Kinesis Firehose. Use of Databricks for large batch data processing, and serve up inference models using Tecton and SageMaker.
- Work is prioritized using a Kanban approach, constantly improving the approach & methodology as needed.
Why this role?
- Several years experience in different data processing techniques such as Map Reduce, ETL, SQL Materialised Views, Apache Spark.
- A successful candidate will apply novel automated test approaches which are focused on improving our data quality.
- Experience in cloud based AWS with modern serverless architecture is an advantage. Experience in how different software architectures lead to different quality issues is also a bonus.
- Be able to talk about times you have worked closely with other roles in software engineering on a shared goal & discuss how compliance and security overlaps with quality.
- Demonstrate ongoing learning and knowledge of software testing techniques
- Everyone who joins us has the ability to choose how they like to work, and we wrap a support package around that. Want to be 100% based at your home office? We’ll provide you with the gear you need to get set up and ready to go!
- Every team member gets to share in our success in the form of stock options.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are important to us. Every team member must abide by our shared code of conduct. We believe this approach will help us attract and grow a diverse bunch of talented people that are supportive, calm, clear, empathetic, and results-oriented.
- We prefer working smarter, not longer. You're not expected to put in wild hours, that's just not what we do.
If this sounds like something you could be interested in, apply now and we will be in touch! For questions about the role, email me on firstname.lastname@example.org