This company brings together industry-leading earth modelling, geo-data management, and team collaboration software. Because when everyone can see the full picture, they can make better decisions that benefit people and the planet.
Customers in over 100 countries work to develop vital mineral resources more sustainably, design and build better infrastructure, protect the environment, source renewable energy, and help resolve historical challenges such as groundwater contamination and ageing infrastructure.
That is why this company is constantly evolving at the forefront of technology and geoscience – from Cloud accessibility, to 3D modelling, to digital collaboration.
Headquartered in New Zealand with their team located in 25 locations around the world, this company is a high growth, people-centric success story. They are passionate, curious, Earth lovers. The Role
On the lookout for a passionate and collaborative Senior Software Tester
to join them.
In this role you will play a key role in helping build their world leading desktop geological modelling software. Day-to-day you will work with a friendly team of Application Specialists, Product Managers, Researchers and Developers to define new features, find bugs, verify fixes and help drive feature development to completion.
As a Senior Software Tester you will have plenty of opportunities to share your knowledge with others, grow your technical skill set, and solve complex challenges that have real world impact. In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work collaboratively with the wider Engineering team to deliver high quality software.
- Work with the Software team to ensure that testability is part of new features.
- Assist with escalated technical support.
- Ensure that testability is part of new features and strategies for feature and system-wide testing are developed.
- Champion the cause of great software and contribute to process improvement.
- Develop a constructive internal customer relationship with other departments.
- Advocate for quality in the team.
- Mentor and coach pod members.
In order to be successful in this role, you should have:
- Shell Scripting, PowerShell.
- SQLite, PostgreSQL.
- Windows, Linux.
- Microsoft Azure.
- Git, JIRA, Zephyr, ZenDesk.
Why you will enjoy working here:
- Broad experience in testing software.
- Educational background or a keen interest in technology, software, science, or maths.
- Legendary attention to detail.
- Ability to constructively identify problems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Enthusiasm, adaptability and a can-do attitude.
- An interest in growing technical capabilities and teaching others.
You will be joining a highly skilled, highly productive team of technical experts who are passionate about what they do. They are a friendly, intelligent, and supportive bunch and are looking forward to you bringing your expertise to the team. Their wider team is geographically diverse and from multi-disciplines, so even though you will be Christchurch based you will have opportunity to work with colleagues from across the globe.
In addition to awesome colleagues and work culture, you can also expect the following benefits:
Flexibility – Create a work-life balance that suits you with our hybrid work model.
Facilities – Make use of the onsite gym, locker facilities, secure bike sheds, ergonomic standing desks, ping pong tables, and spacious café.
Fun – Bring your dog to work, indulge in Pie Day Friday, build the tallest Lego tower, or embrace innovation in our annual Hackathon.
Financial – Competitive compensation, reviewed regularly, plus the option to join our Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Family – Two weeks of supplementary paid parental leave.
Learning – Access to a wealth of training resources through their digital learning platform, quarterly career conversations with your manager and a culture that believes in promoting from within.
Wellbeing – Health Insurance via Southern Cross, fully subsidised subscription to Headspace, regular wellness webinars, and 24/7 EAP access. Inclusion + Diversity
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, this company are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience.
If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.