About the company
They are the largest independent digital agency in Wellington. They encourage their employees to thrive at work and at home. They’ve got great clients, challenging projects, and a friendly workspace. There’s always plenty of healthy snacks available, People’s Coffee brewing, and craft beer in the fridge. What they do and why they do it
Their purpose is to make the things that matter better — better for people and for the planet. They follow a human-centered process, keeping the people they’re designing for at the center of the work. They’re a multidisciplinary team, they collaborate closely with each other and with their clients on projects that make an impact on real lives.
They celebrate different perspectives. They are committed to creating an equal, inclusive, and diverse workplace. They know they do better work if they have a diverse mix of people on their team. They're also a certified B Corporation — ethical and environmentally sustainable practices are a huge focus for them.
They’re looking for someone who shares the same values. They can offer you
About this role
- a whānau-friendly, flexible workplace, with the ability to work from home
- a learning and growth budget to support your professional aspirations, and a wellness package to keep you physically and mentally fit
- highly talented teammates who strive to create world-class experiences that make people's lives better
- opportunities to get involved in internal initiatives you care about, such as our sustainability group, waiata practice, and mental health chats
- a base in central Wellington, Aotearoa New Zealand, near cafes, shops, theatres, and the waterfront.
As their new Delivery Director you will:
Required skills and experience
- lead their Delivery team, overseeing the delivery of multiple projects: liaising with clients and internal team members as required to ensure projects are delivered on time and budget, with high levels of client satisfaction.
- work with Delivery and Client Services Teams to identify risks and opportunities across multiple projects; understand how different projects interlink and overlap; identify areas for improvement and efficiency.
- mature the Delivery practice through coaching and development of the Delivery team; the establishment and use of best practices around digital project delivery; and development of the Delivery Practice Guild providing space for sharing and growing best practice; sharing and learning together when things don’t go as planned.
- manage workflow from sales through to delivery, removing roadblocks and managing speed bumps.
If you’re interested in the role but you don’t feel you meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway — tell us why your experience is relevant to the role.
We’re looking for a Delivery Director who:
- brings their extensive experience in digital agency project management, delivering websites and digital products from an agency perspective;
- has proven leadership and management skills; able to align, motivate and inspire groups and individuals;
- brings their knowledge of, and experience with agile ways of working including their understanding of the roles of Team Facilitator and Product Owner
- clearly communicates requirements and outcomes, whether that is for delivering a brief, a programme of work, a workshop, or an intention.
- brings a solution focused approach, ability to step in to support teams to resolve delivery issues.
- works positively with the wide range of cross-disciplinary individuals
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to chat further!