An awesome Wellington based tech startup is expanding and looking for an AWS based Platform Developer to support their growing engineering team. A leader in financial reporting and planning, they are providing software solutions to the largest financial consultancy brands and, delivering to clients across Oceana, Europe and North America. Still owned and actively run by the founders, they have a reputation for cultivating a culture of caring for the team and their whanau, with realistic expectations, sensible hours of work and encouraging a life outside the office.
A Kiwi born and operated SaaS provider, they are actively working on the next generation of technology, and looking for their first DevOps and Platform engineer, in a hands-on position, but with the remit to create and champion a DevOps-led culture throughout the organisation, and provide the nucleus for a small DevOps team.
We are looking for someone with strong AWS and DevOps skills to join our new platform team.
As part of our small team you’ll have a large impact on the technical direction of the platform, including solution design and new initiatives.
- You’ll be improving observability and CI/CD pipelines as well as improving security automation.
- You will have a say in the planning of projects and help make sure that those project deadlines and goals are met on time while also meeting our evolving standards.
- You will be reporting to the CTO and you will also work closely with the CISO, team leads and our QA Lead.
- As you will be in a small team with staff of all levels, you are expected to mentor and teach those that require it, as well as learn and absorb from the other team members.
What you will be doing
- Work collaboratively with development teams to understand how our platform can best serve them
- Advocate for a DevOps as a culture, and upskill those around you
- Learn a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Suggest and execute improvements to the technologies and processes used as we grow
- Work with the Product Owners in scoping and planning projects.
- Continuously improve the performance and reliability of our application suite.
- Researching, recommending and implementing best practice approaches for how wecode and work.
- Bringing your own ideas and suggestions to enhance, improve and generally make our app awesome.
- Going the extra mile to do things right – no quick and dirty hacks here, just good solid code!
What you’ll have done or know so far
- Infrastructure as code (Terraform)
- Amazon Web Services (CloudFront, EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda)
- CI / CD pipelines
- Cloud security
- An understanding of cloud architectural patterns
- DevSecOps is a nice to have
- Self-motivation and pragmatism – you love working in a fast-paced environment and understand how to balance competing priorities and understand the benefits of delivering value to end users in an iterative manner.
- Excellent communication skills – you will be able to clearly present your ideas and rationale from a remote work setting.
- Experience with Git.
- Knowledge of OWASP security principles.
- You must hold a genuine desire to learn fast, work with a talented team but also contribute to our 'customer's first' ways of working.
If you would like to be part of a team with a great reputation for technology, delivery that touches some of the biggest organisations in the world, and a team that’s genuinely cared for, please reach out through an application here or email to email@example.com.