Our client has been making things simple for 20,000 (and counting) Kiwi businesses since 2004! They stand out in the market due to their impressive UI and being incredibly easy to use.
They have impressive growth plans and offer excellent development opportunities for their staff.What they are looking for:
Our client is looking for individuals with growth mindsets and well-rounded Rubyists. Having the flexibility in their structure means that you do not have to be everything all at once, but to be set up for success you ideally have had experience with:
You’ll need to be fairly fluent with their technologies:
- Ruby development, particularly with Ruby on Rails
- Building accessible, simple user interfaces using pattern libraries
- Microservices, or at least being very well versed in API development
- Supporting developers to grow technically and professionally
- Using agile principles to build appropriate, high-quality software in teams
- Defining technical approaches for a team with varied experience to deliver incrementally
- Supporting developers to grow technically and professionally in their practice
What you'll do
You’ll be building and enhancing their Platform in a team of four squads and around 15 developers. They offer a truly flexible workplace and can provide an opportunity that will allow you to put your best foot forward, and have clear growth pathways.
As a Senior Developer, you will be joining a cross-functional squad to continuously improve an area of the Platform. They use product thinking and agile methodologies. There will be scope for growth into a Lead Developer role that could have a people, technical or practice leadership focus.