This company believe that they succeed as a team, so you will often collaborate with other team members while working on new features or fixing bugs, including getting input from designers or project managers and pairing with other developers. They are not shy about asking for or offering help when needed. All your code changes will get reviewed by at least one developer, and trusty, loyal SlackBot will occasionally call on you to review others’ code changes.
They are a rapidly growing company, constantly partnering with new businesses, which will require you to be flexible in the projects that you work on. Bugs, features, refactoring, frontend, backend, devops, projects with or without deadlines are all possible, so you’ll need to be willing to help out where needed, even if it’s unfamiliar to you.What they're looking for:
- Open, friendly people who are good at collaborating with others on solving problems, who aren’t afraid to ask for help and are enthusiastic about helping others.
- People who are passionate about new tech and ideas, who are excited about learning and experimenting.
- People who can lead a piece of work from start to finish while taking guidance and input from the rest of the team.
- People who are willing to work on projects outside their comfort zone, contributing to the team by working on parts of the stack or sections of the codebase that maybe they’re not as familiar with.
- People with strong backend coding skills and familiarity with automated testing.
- People who can help other members of the team grow in their skills.
- You have experience in building and maintaining software at scale. You understand fundamental engineering concepts, scalability, security, and maintainability.
- You are proficient with Ruby.
- You enjoy tackling complex problems, exploring new territory or finding innovative solutions to improve the developer experience
If this sounds like something you could be interested in, apply now and we will be in touch! For questions about the role, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org