JNCTN are up-and-comers in the NZ tech scene and are looking for a Front End developer to join their high-performing engineering team.
Having developed Digital ID and Credential Management software that has established itself as a leader across Aotearoa’s energy market, and is well embedded in NZ Government, we are now setting our ambitious sights on sizable international and domestic markets.
About the role
You will be joining our front-end team in creating, coding, and refining intuitive and enjoyable front-end experiences for our users.
We are looking for someone who is interested in SaaS and emerging technologies in the Identity and credential management ecosystem and is looking to develop their front-end skills and career.
How do we work?
We value agility, simplicity, and visibility in the code we write. Measurement and goal setting allow us to meet our development milestones, adjusting our understanding based on learnings and feedback from our customers and the rapidly changing ecosystem we are working in.
How will I know what need doing?
You will work with some of the strongest front-end team leads in the Welly startup market, who will provide guidance, user stories and describe business values that need to be implemented. We prioritise stories to know what to do next. Reviews provide feedback and opportunities to re-prioritse. Meet-ups keep us all in touch.
What skill are we looking for?
- React skills, or experience in similar frameworks like Vue JS or Angular 2+
- Exposure to CI/CD tooling e.g., Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, Circle, Azure DevOps, GitHub Actons
- Familiarity with Git
- Experience with unit testing frameworks like Jest, experience with Cypress is also a plus
- Experience working with React hooks and JSX
- 1-3+ years’ professional experience – we’re also keen to see any personal projects you might have on the go
- A pragmatic & proactive attitude – we’re looking for people who want to get things done and work through challenges (with support from your team)
- Communication skills – you don’t need to be a public speaker or anything, we’re just looking for you to communicate clearly and honestly with your team and to listen with compassion to different viewpoints.
- Interested in continuously learning and developing your technical and professional skills
- .NET and full-stack experience are both a plus but no worries if you don’t have them
Why should you join us?
- Experienced technical leadership providing great learning opportunities and mentorship
- Cutting edge technology: Technology is at the core of what we do, so our existing tech stack is very modern, and we always have an eye to improve on it.
- Mobile platforms: future opportunities to explore iOS and Android development with React Native
- Work that makes a difference: You’ll have the opportunity to work on products that are used every day to help make workplaces safer for everyone
- Flexible work: We offer remote work options and flexible hours. We trust that our people know how and where they work best, and we want to support them to do their best work.
- Career development: We want to understand where you are looking to go in your career and help provide opportunities to get you there.
- InnovaBon: Joining our team is an opportunity to be at the forefront of a new industry, where you are creating world-leading solutions and constantly learning. We want you to pitch your ideas and make your mark on our company.
- Diversity, equity, & inclusion: We’re committed to constantly learning and increasing our team diversity and we’re doing this by valuing all voices, prioritising culture-add over culture fit, and creating equitable and unbiased workplace systems.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer a competitive salary in line with current market rates as well as five weeks of annual leave, and the opportunity to join our employee stock ownership program in the future.
We’re a pretty mixed bunch of software engineers and product experts and are committed long-term to building a diverse and productive team. We’re busy and we have some ambitious projects on the go, but you’ll find our working style is supportive, flexible and we’ll have fun on the journey.
We pay well, look after the team and also offer an employee share option scheme.
If you love building new tech, enjoy the odd curry/kebab and are excited to be part of a Kiwi born-and-bred SaaS company, that’s still in startup mode, and on a rapid international growth trajectory then JNCTN is the place for you.
Apply here or reach out to our recruitment partner, Talent Army, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0273 400900