Who they are
They are the largest independent digital agency in Wellington. They encourage their employees to thrive at work and at home. They've got great clients, challenging projects, and a friendly workspace. There are always plenty of healthy snacks available, People’s Coffee brewing, and craft beer in the fridge.
What they do and why they do it
Their purpose is to make the things that matter better — better for people and for the planet. They follow a human-centred process, keeping the people they’re designing for at the centre of the work. They’re a multidisciplinary team, they collaborate closely with each other and with their clients on projects that make an impact on real lives. They celebrate different perspectives. They're committed to creating an equal, inclusive, and diverse workplace. They know they do better work if they have a diverse mix of people on their team. They're also a certified B Corporation — ethical and environmentally sustainable practices are a huge focus for them. They’re looking for someone who shares the same values.They can offer you:
- a whānau-friendly, flexible workplace, with the ability to work from home and they are open to exploring fully remote options within Aotearoa
- a learning and growth budget to support your professional aspirations, and a wellness package to keep you physically and mentally fit including Southern Cross health insurance
- highly talented teammates who strive to create world-class experiences that make people's lives better
- opportunities to get involved in internal initiatives you care about, such as our sustainability group, waiata practice, and mental health chats
- a base in central Wellington, Aotearoa New Zealand, near cafes, shops, theatres, and the waterfront.
About this role
They have a small, high functioning Devops and Infrastructure team. As a digital agency, they have a focus on efficiency and automation, with opportunities to work on a wide range of projects and platforms.You will get to use industry leading tools and technologies, working with a variety of high performance teams to deliver robust, highly automated solutions.For this role, they generally prefer candidates with some background in development, and while formal qualifications are good, they're not essential. They value proven experience, analytical thinking and great communication skills. If this sounds like you but you don’t meet all the requirements listed below, please apply and tell us why your experience is relevant to the role.How they workThey use some great technologies to help deliver efficiently and systematically, for example:
- They make extensive use of Docker containerization
- All of their development environments are containerized
- They run production workloads on ECS, AZURE k8s and other container runtimes
- CI/CD: they use CircleCI and Github Actions primarily
- They favour managed surfaces and reducing the surfaces are of services they have to manage
As a Devops and Infrastructure engineer you’ll:
- work with teams, architects and developers to design and build scalable, secure and redundant infrastructure solutions on public cloud platforms.
- Design, build and maintain highly automated CI/CD pipelines and cost efficient, secure and performant hosting environments using Infrastructure as Code
- collaborate with cross-functional teams to build Developer Experience focussed solutions that enable developers and deliver cost effective solutions for our clients
- continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- have a keen attitude towards learning new technologies and frameworks.
Useful technology skills:
- Public Cloud (Primarily AWS), especially IAM Roles and Security groups
- Shell Scripting
- Linux, we generally use Alpine or Debian derivatives
- GIT and other VCS software
- We Servers, primarily NGINX
- HTTP protocol especially headers
- Development experience, ideally with node, TS, Python or Ruby
- IAC: Terraform, Pulumi
- SQL and database technologies: Postgres, MySQL
- Debugging, logging and monitoring skills
Due to current immigration restrictions, we will only be accepting applications for this role from people already in Aotearoa/New Zealand.