At Talent Army, we work with tech start-ups and scale-ups that are growing and find them awesome people to help them scale. We have offices in Wellington, Christchurch, and Auckland and work in Australia and the United States.Crazily, we are yet to make a single sales call at all and every day we get approached by amazing new clients that keep referring new companies to us. We tend not to take ourselves too seriously and threw out all our suits and business attire and now 'wear whatever we want!' Our clients trust us as their recruitment team and work exclusively with us. This makes a huge difference and we have clients that give us keys to their office, let us use their email domain and truly treat us as an employee or a partner. We have more work than we know what to do with, so this means we need a Talent (Candidate) Manager based in Wellington to help 'US' scale too. A bit about the role:The purpose of this role is to help our clients find the right people, at the right time to meet their requirements. This will include:
- Build really good relationships with your clients - you'll be talking directly to start ups founders, and giving them advice as well as candidates! Sometimes we even work onsite to really understand the work they are doing.
- Source good people, whether they be in Product, Engineering, Ops, Sales and Marketing, Finance - if they are roles in a startup, chances are we are looking for them now or have done recently.
- Keep on learning about the IT & Recruitment trends (Meetups and conferences are always welcome).
- Work collaboratively and dynamically within the team.
- Be yourself. No need to dress up (unless you want to!). If you don't know something, just ask. If you know a better way to do things, share it with us. If you don't like beer/wine, just ask for your sugar-free almond milk (but if you do like beer/wine, you'll always find some in the fridge!).
- We are proactive in the way we source people (LinkedIn, Github, Meetups, Chrome extensions, and any tool that helps us reach good tech candidates!) If you don't know how to use these we can teach you.
- Share your knowledge - we're all about sharing our strengths, and growing as a team.
A bit about you:We operate in a high trust environment - We want to hire you because you are smart, trustworthy and in general a good human. We are an outcome-focused - If you do your best work standing on your head, then no judgment here.
- Someone who loves getting to know their clients, and is really able to understand their needs.
- Sound experience across the Talent Acquisition/ Recruitment lifecycle, you might be an agency or internal recruiter. What matters here is that you know how things work so you will be able to manage your time strategically.
- Experience within the tech industry. IT has its own rules and requires us to do our homework to be successful. We're often reading blogs and attending tech conferences.
- Team player, proactive, passionate.
A bit about what you get:
- Flexibility and work-life balance - You can do 3 days in the office, 2 days from home. There’s no awkward conversations or guilt, just the flexibility to do your best work. We get that life happens and we being willing to work around it is a vital part of what we see as flexible working. We support each other with the right tools and environment to make it easy!
- We pay well and have a great comms scheme.
- We have cool offices that are more like a tech startup that you will love
- Growth. We are growing fast and so your career will too.
If this sounds like a bit of you, then apply below and lets catch up for a chat